Thursday, February 25, 2010

A few links from the past - a 'greatest hits' for links

As I have decided to not use facebook for my library of interesting and intriguing posts, I went back through my posting history and found a few gems that are needing new light:


1. Pope Benedict XVI has the band (one of my favourites) on his iPod playlist

http://www.musewiki.org/Pope_Benedict_XVI


2. One of my favourite remixes of late:
Coeur De Pirate - Comme Des Enfants (Le Matos Andy Carmichael Remix)

3. Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

4. The list of the top albums of 2009, by suggestion and not in any particular order.
a. Tiesto - Kaleidoscope
b. 30 Seconds To Mar - This Is War
c. Moby - Wait For Me
d. Dashboard Confessional - Alter The Ending
e. Muse - The Resistance
f. Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3
g. Kings of Leon - Only By The Night (2008, but only got popular this year)
h. Thrice - Beggars
i. Alexisonfire - Old Crows / Young Cardinals
j. The Fray - The Fray
k. Jonsi & Alex - Riceboy Sleeps
l. Kasabian - West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum
m. Sleeping At Last - Storyboards
n. The Swell Season -Strict Joy
o. As Cities Burn - Hell or High Water
p. Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
q. Grammatics - Grammatics
r. Tegan and Sara - Sainthood
s. Metric - Fantasies
t. Norah Jones - The Fall

5. Packing Tape Art (stellar!)

6. Eigenharp Alpha - the future of instrumental and MIDI music

7. A travesty to the automotive world: Bugatti Veyron hits the drink.

8. Another sweet remix. Justice vs. Kanye West vs. Beethoven (and yes this is possible today).

9. Another sweet remix. Sigur Ros vs. Twista & Kanye West

10. Another reason why I regret the 'great music inquisition' of my teenage Christian life...

11. One of the biggest "didn't go the artist's concert" fail... Anna Ternheim, I'll see you next time.

12. (I'm not going further than Sept. 2009) - Saved By The Bell reunion. One of Jimmy Fallon's best ideas.
- feel free to comment and watch / listen to all of it. I'll post 'new' things shortly.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, Pope Benedict XVI just became at least 3x as cool. Also, I freaking love that Coeur de Pirate remix too. CITB. It's happening.