Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And begins the recording...

As I have a blog and some very good people follow it's every move, I have decided that I will document the course of the ensuing recording sessions with Black Stars Across The Galaxy. I have been completely terrible at doing this blogging thing, though I promised the friends stuck in Korea that I would do it "for sure!!!". lol. If you guys are reading this, I'm sorry and I hope to make it up to you over the next few weeks.... to the band.


We are recording 5 tracks over the course of the next month or less to be incorporated on our first finished demo. There was one recorded in Aug/Sept of 2009, but it was never completed nor we were never completely satisfied with it. There are 4 of us going into the studio: Justin - vocals, guitar, Daniel - drums, Mike (Goldy) - guitar and myself. We are recording at Beach Road Studios (http://beachroadstudios.com/) with Sigfried Meier. He seems pretty legit and we're all super excited to get back doing what we love. The studio is conveniently 10 min north of Goderich, ON, so we're all able to drive there and then sleep in our own beds at night. It's so nice, because there is no pressure to record everything in a tight block, thus confining everything to a tight deadline. We're recording during the week because every band wants the weekends, and there's even freedom in that too. We getting the royal treatment it seems.

Once listenable clips can be posted I will put them up here and on the bands current sites: http://www.myspace.com/blackstarsacrossthegalaxy & http://www.facebook.com/pages/Black-Stars-Across-The-Galaxy/93160884541 . Maybe I'll even grab a video camera or something to show you guys how things are going in the studio. I can't wait for you all to hear what I've been up to.

In other musical news, I've been working on a lot more electronic/dance/dj tracks and I'm thinking of having a full functional demo to send into Ultra Records and other dance labels by the end of Janurary. And, if things fully get finalized, I will be hopefully composing/recording/scoring the upcoming Bryan Nagle short-film!!! I really hope that happens, it'd be amazing! And either way, Bryan's film will be incredible for sure!

All for now, new posts to come over the next few days. We're in the studio tomorrow at noon until late late friday night for sure. And that's just to start!!!

0 comments: